We are able to operate safely under LEVEL 2, following the guidelines outline by the Ministry of Health. With this in mind, we have given ourselves some time to get prepared and will be running retreats again from 29 May 2020.
We have implemented guidelines for guests and our team to keep everyone safe. We will be updating these regularly as the situation develops.
You can read and keep up to date with our ‘guidelines for guests’ HERE
No, we are not just a weight loss retreat. We run retreats exclusively for women which cover a range of subjects. We specialise in women’s health and in particular, we can help women to lose weight, if that is one of their reasons for coming.
About 50% of our guests come with either weight loss as one of their specific ‘health goals’ or perhaps wouldn’t mind losing a bit of weight, but that may not be their main reason for coming.
The other 50% of our guests come for other reasons and with other health goals in mind. This could include stress, mental and emotional health, some sort of ‘health puzzle’, inspiration in the kitchen, improve their fitness, start a Yoga practice, happiness, depression, anxiety, or even just to have a rest, reset and to be taken care of.
We all have something in common. We are all women, and we all want to be taken care of while we’re on the retreat, pampered, inspired and motivated to to take care of ourselves a bit better when we get home.
Please book via our website. If you have any trouble during the booking process, please contact us:
- On our website, find your preferred retreat type
- Select your retreat dates
- Select your preferred retreat package: Single Suite Pampered Package, Single Suite, Twin Share Pampered Package, Twin Share or Day Stay (limited spaces)
- Please complete your details and relevant information via our online form, as well as information about any injuries, allergies and intolerances that you may have that we should know about. This questionnaire will also help us to get to know you a bit better prior to the retreat so we can make sure it is an amazing experience for you!
- Confirm your registration with a NZD$500 deposit ($1000 deposit on 14 and 21 day retreats) using our secure credit card facility
- Following this deposit, you will receive a retreat invoice, confirmation pack, packing list, travel directions and draft retreat schedule from us by email
- The balance of your payment is due 30 days prior to the retreat start date, Payment Options for a list of payment options
- We will keep in contact with you via email leading up to the retreat. We are contactable at any stage with any questions you have
We look forward to meeting you!
We ask that guests arrive between 9am and 9.30am on day one so we can show you to your rooms before getting started at 10.00am. We have guests come from far and wide to attend our retreats, and so we are flexible with arrival times for those who have a long distance to travel or are catching a flight.
Please remember, we offer complimentary pick up from Hamilton Airport or any Cambridge accommodation.
Some of our guests like to come the night before we start and stay in the area so they are closer to the retreat on day one. Others may want to stay an additional night in the area at the end of the retreat and head home the following day.
We recommend 73 Milton Boutique Accommodation in Cambridge.
The lovely owners at 73 Milton offer complimentary transport to Retreat on the morning we begin for all Resolution Retreat guests.
Use discount code RESOLUTION for $25 off your stay at 73 Milton.
If you would like to share a room, and do not have a friend to bring, we will peer you up with another guest who is also wanting to share. We cannot guarantee that we will find someone for you to share with, but rest assured that even if we cannot peer you up – you will only be charged the twin share price. Of course, please understand that your room mate will be a stranger (although not for long!). Remember, on some retreats we also have the Day-Stay Package available, where you can stay off site as a way to keep costs down if that option is attractive to you. You can find a video of our Twin Share Chalets here.
The day-stay package is available to those who would like to enjoy all the benefits of attending a retreat with us, but would prefer to arrange their own accommodation outside of the resort. Perhaps you are a local, or have friends or family living close by who you would like to stay with.
All the inclusions listed for the retreat type you are interested in are included with the day stay package, with the exclusion of overnight accommodation and the Resolution Retreats Weight Loss Guarantee.
On the day stay program, you would drive to retreat each morning for our morning Yoga or fitness class (normally kicks off at 7am) and leave after dinner (normally 7:30pm). While you’re with us, you will enjoy all the daily retreat activities as well as having access to the beautiful retreat facilities to make yourself at home; kick back by the pool, relax in front of the fire in the lodge, or enjoy a good book in the library. Each day we will have towels, a bath robe as well as some slippers available for your comfort.
Really need to wind down while you’re with us? Our Unwind and Pamper Packages are for you! Our Unwind and Pamper Package is a add on to your room type (single or twin), where you receive one 60 minute luxury spa treatment every day while you’re with us. You read that right…a spa treatment EVERY DAY of your Retreat! You also have the option of bundling treatment time together to have one of our longer treatments one day and a break from treatments the next. You can choose from our bespoke beauty menu and email us your email us your treatment preferences or we can give you a selection of our most popular treatments.
Please note, we don’t want you missing out on any retreat activities so, if the retreat schedule doesn’t permit a treatment on a particular day, that treatment will take place on an alternative day.
We like to keep our groups small and intimate so that we can get to know each and every one of you.
On our women-only retreats, we have groups of between 12 and 25 guests.
We have had guests in their early twenties, through to ladies in their seventies.
No. We get an idea of your fitness level and previous injuries during the registration process. Our Personal Trainers can cater for all abilities and are very accustomed to giving alternative exercises where needed. The fitness sessions are designed to challenge you to improve your fitness, relative to your current level of fitness, but are not an extreme ‘bootcamp’ style of training.
The majority of our guests have never done Yoga before. Do not worry. There is lots of basics, with options for those who are more experienced.
You will understand that ‘every body’ is different. The amount of weight guests are likely to lose will depend upon the amount of time they spend on the retreat, their age, starting weight, medical issues, medications, and many other things. Importantly, we guarantee that you will lose weight while you’re with us.
Resolution Retreats has a number of payment options, please discuss with us if you are wondering which would be best for you. Please note that no matter what payment method you choose, a NZD$500 deposit (NZD$1,000 on 14 & 21 day retreats) is required to reserve your space on the retreat.
Finance options are:
- Lay-by: You may choose to put the retreat on lay-by. Your place on the retreat will be held following payment of the deposit. The balance of the lay-by is required to be completed by the date the Retreat begins.
- Finance: We have a finance facility available, through the great team at Q-Card (Fisher & Paykel Finance). Repayment options can therefore be tailored to your individual budget. Resolution Retreats customers get up to 12-months interest free using this facility. This facility can also be used in combination with the lay-by option above. Please notify us that you intend to pay for the retreat using Q-Card at the deposit stage.
- Credit card: An online credit card facility is available for your convenience, fees apply. If you are wishing to settle your account via credit card, there is a ‘pay now’ button at the top left corner of your invoice. A service fee of 2.9% will apply to any payments using a credit card (or Visa/Mastercard Debit Card), excluding the inital deposit – no fees apply to the inital deposit payment.
We know coming on a retreat is a big commitment for many people financially. We are determined to help people who have made a commitment to their health by finding an arrangement which suits you – please let us know how we can help!
Once you have booked with us, we will email you a confirmation pack which contains information about where to come, what to bring and what to expect!
We regularly cater for Coeliac, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Pescitarian, and Diabetic guests and many more (even combinations of the above!)
We are very good at finding menu alternatives for guests with special food requirements. A big part of what we do is meal planning and it is important that we can show people they can eat healthy, no matter what their preference!
During the booking process, we ask you to give us details of any allergies and food preferences so we can design a menu that you will enjoy!